Comic Con Portugal is a safe place for fans to interact with each other, their favorite creators, celebrities, and generally be themselves. This means we expect it to be a safe environment for fans from any ethnicity, creed, religious background, political background, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, sexual orientation, fandom, etc.
We do not tolerate harassment in any form. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, or inappropriate photography.
The Organization does not tolerate physical or verbal harassment of the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers. Harassment can take many forms. It may be, but is not limited to, words, signs, offensive jokes, cartoons, pictures, posters, pranks, intimidation, physical assaults or contact, or violence.
Inappropriate photography is defined as photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected while being photographed. While it is reasonable that photographers will be photographing attendees and other parts of the convention, if this photography has harassing or sexual nature, the photographer will be subject to the above harassment policy.
If it is determined – either by observation or by complaint – that an individual or group has harassed another attendee, any or all of the following things may occur. That individual or group may be:
1. Warned to cease and quit it;
2. Asked to leave the convention, or;
3. Banned from the convention for a period of time to be determined by the Organization.
That individual or group may be:
1. Warned to cease and desist;
2. Asked to leave the convention, or;
3. Banned from the convention for a period of time to be determined by Organization.
Most guests will charge for an autograph.
Most Comics professionals do not charge for an autograph. However, there is the possibility that some guests will charge something for an autograph.
Each guest sets their own price per autograph and photography.
The autographs can be purchased in the event.
Autographs at the site can only be purchased with cash.
You can bring items to autograph. However, the artists can accept or refuse to sign this same article. Guests may refuse to sign any material or article that is not related to their career.
The time for photos is strictly for photographs. No autographs will be allowed in the area of pictures.
All guests confirmed for Comic Con Portugal are visible in the official website: www.comic-con-portugal.com, under "GUESTS".
We accept all suggestions that may arise, however we can not guarantee their achievement. Leave your tip through the official social networks or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All attractions will be available on the official website of the event, under "ACTIVITIES".
Guests will have a note next to their bio that will list which day they and will appear. A detailed schedule will be available on the "PROGRAM" tab.
Most Guests are invited to be at Comic Con Portugal for the 4 days. A few guests will only make a single, two or three day appearance.
There are a number of reasons why someone cancels, from last minute emergencies, to illness, to moral crisis about their appearance, to a myriad of other reasons. When we book our guests, both enter the agreement with the expectation that they make their appearance.
Things happen that are out of everyone’s control. The best advice we can give is to try to enjoy other aspects of the convention while you are there. There is quite a lot to see and do. In such circumstances, Comic Con Portugal cannot be held responsible. All sales are final. No exchange or refund will be issued.
We ask participants to be present 60 minutes in advance.
The schedule is finalized not too far before the show, to prevent last minute changes. When concluded, it will be available on the website and official social media pages.
No matter how early you arrive, there is no guarantee what type of seating will be available. That said, we recommend between 45 to 60 minutes.
Most artists allocate a specific time for question and answer sessions. You can ask questions if you place yourself near the available microphones and your time comes before the time expires.
Due to security issues and concerns of the guests, offers will not be allowed, unless the guest accepts the gift in question. Guests normally tend to travel by plane and it can be impossible to carry all offered gifts.
Photography and recordings may be permitted during panels. If you are unsure whether photography or videography are allowed during a particular event or in a particular area, ask permission from the Comic Con Portugal Staff first.
1. Bring cash. Even if you don’t think you will buy much at the event - bring some cash to prepare for unexpected expenses - like in case you want a snack or the booth that has that coveted collectible doesn’t accept debit. There will be MB on site but we think you would rather spend time in a line where the piece of paper you get at the end is an autograph.
2. Stay hydrated! Make sure you bring a water bottle.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. We highly recommend you wear some comfy, and clean clothes.
4. Consult your Programme Guide. We’ve put together a programme of presentations, panels, films and other events. When you get to the Expo, you'll be able to get a schedule and one of the first things you should do is to sit down somewhere, study it and mark off the events you think you'd like to attend. Or if you have arrived early, look it over while you are waiting for the doors to open. The schedule will be available in advance on our website.
5. Lining up at any fan convention is a fact of life. Need some money from the ATM? Line Up! Gotta get some grub? Line up! I want to be in first? Line up with the rest of us! Autographs, Q&A’s, PhotoBooth? Lines, lines, lines. Chances are you will be spending some time in lines, so keep calm, wait for your turn and, in the meantime, socialize with other Comic Con Portugal’s visitors.
6. Bring a backpack or tote shopping bag. Whether you are bringing comics for Creator Guests to sign, or you are buying lots of stuff, you'll be glad when you have something handy to carry your stuff around in.
7. Bring…more useful stuff! Here are some other accessories that many are happy to have and regret when they don't:
An autograph book or sketchbook;
A good pen/Sharpie for getting autographs;
A folder or other container to carry artwork;
DVDs/Books you want signed by professionals who'll be in attendance;
A cell phone;
A pen and note pad;
8. If it's illegal outside the convention, it's illegal inside the convention. For the safety of all con attendees, please review the Comic Con Portugal Weapons Policy.
9. Most important: Be polite and let our guests know that you appreciate them coming to Oporto and Comic Con Portugal. If you’re polite and ask for an autograph or a sketch, most guests will be happy to oblige. Take out your book to a fresh page, tell them you’re a fan and would they mind doing a quick sketch for your personal collection.
Publishers and Band Designed Studios, Toy Manufacturers, Producers and Publishers of Video Games, Animation and Special Effects studios, Collectibles, Games Publishing, Magazine Publishing, TV and Film Studios, Manga and Anime Business, Companies selling items and sites, educational institutions, Special Effects House, Costumes and Accessories.
Other activities are subject to approval of the organization.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Exhibitors whose option requested to insert in such, are required to submit a project of the stand, which will be submitted for approval by the Technical Department (Trade General Regulation - Article 33).
The fronts of the stands cannot be closed more than 30% of its length, facing the hallway.
The walls of the stands above the maximum standard height (2.5 m), and if authorized, entails finishing guarantee of the exterior walls of identical quality to stand interior walls and the aesthetic balance with the walls of the confined stands.
From 4 m high and if your mount is permitted, should the exhibitor back on the fronts 0.50m per meter of additional height.
The registration process works as follows: Through the website www.comic-con-portugal.com, go to the Exhibitor form.
Complete the form with reliable information and submit. Subsequently, the Comic Com Portugal commercial department will contact you.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be an exhibitor at Comic Con Portugal you just need to fall within the scope of this event, ie the exhibitor needs to be related to one or more areas that the event covers: Cinema, TV, Video Games, Comics, Anime, Manga and Cosplay. Other activities are subject to approval of the organization.
The measures space to exhibit are, at least, 9 m2 (3x3) and multiples of 9. For example: 18 m2 (6x3), 27 m2 (9x3), 36 m2 (6x6), etc.
The maximum height allowed for the construction of stands is 6m. From the height of 2.5 m you must submit an application to the organization. You shall also send the organization the measures of the stand until the deadline defined in the Appendix.
All stands that use raised floor should have ramp access for visitors using wheelchairs.
From the 4m heights must stand back 0.50m in the front.
Anything related to the event and legal. In case it’s related to food, you should get in touch with the organization.
Exhibitors’ cards will be awarded depending on the number proportional to the occupied area, in accordance with the provisions in the Appendix.
All admission cards are strictly non-transferable so that the violation of this rule will lead to the apprehension of these cards with the right to compensation by the exhibitor.
The assembly period will be held days before the event at the specified time detailed in the Appendix. The disassembly period will take place after the event, at the specified time detailed in the Appendix.
The organization will provide free parking cards.
Although the organization takes the necessary precautions to protect the exposed products, it is always considered the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
It’s the exhibitors’ responsibility to provide surveillance of their own stands, being at their own risk the safety of materials and products exhibited.
In cases of withdrawal, in writing and with at least 30 days prior to the exhibition start date, the Organization may free the enrolled companies from paying the installments in debt.
The Organization shall inform the company of the decision taken, within 5 business days from the date of receipt of the withdrawal.
For the safety of all participants of Comic Con Portugal, the following policy must be respected and strictly enforced. Participants who do not comply with this policy may be asked to leave the event.
Please note that there are some exceptions to the rules 4, 5 or 8 that can be considered ONLY for Cosplay Contests. In case of doubt as to the permission of the weapon or prop that you want to use, please send an email to email@example.com before the application deadline for the contest.
1. entry for any type of weapon conveyed in artgº3 (Law No. 50/2013, of 24/07).
2. It is not allowed to enter with contemporary replica weapons fire (eg civil war).
3. All weapons must comply with safety standards.
4. The weapons can not be displayed outside the space reserved for this function, except for the photo shoot or specific areas.
5. Must respect the physical safety and peace of mind of all stakeholders at all times.
6. All weapons or large props must be checked and authorized by checking guns at the entrance of Comic Con Portugal. After approval, a record will be delivered to the person possessing the weapon.
7. Any weapon that does not meet the safety criteria should be immediately (and discreetly) placed in the warehouse during the convention. It will be the responsibility of the participant to lift it by the end of the event. Any weapon or prop that stays in storage beyond the closing day (Sunday, December 6th) will become property of Comic Con Portugal.
8. Must have registration verification gun always with the responsible person, and you may be requested to present it at any time during the event. At any sign of tampering, you will be asked to return to the verification of arms to confirm authenticity.
9. Amusement (of any kind, provided that the participants did not authorize) with the weapons will not be accepted. Everyone involved will be penalized depending on the severity. All complaints of this kind of behavior will be guided by the Security of Comic Con Portugal.
10. The failure of one or more rules above will result in one or all of the following penalties:
-Privilege loss of the immediate use of a weapon;
- Expulsion of the event without refund;
-Any act of gross negligence or public commitment could result in criminal charges beyond the control of the Comic Con Portugal (remember that the general public may not know about the event, feeling threatened).
The decision on verification of arms of Comic Con Portugal are final and will be strictly enforced to ensure a safe environment for all participants. If you have any questions, please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comic Con Portugal reserves the right to confiscate all weapons during the convention and / or monitor to the door, and forbid returning to participate in the event if the event security is influenced.
Certain guests may have policies wherein they charge for snapshots or have exclusive deals with professional photographers at the con. Don't be offended if they refuse to take a photograph with you, or ask for cash first.
Please keep in mind that, though that they may not want to take pictures in off-hours after they've been in photo shoots. Others simply do not like candid shots of themselves to be taken. Please respect their decision.
In general, Participants and Cosplayers really like to be photographed and complimented on their costume; don't be shy, but do be considerate. Ask before taking photos of costumers, it's only polite and there may be people at the con who aren't interested in having their photos taken and plastered all over the Internet. Don't be offended if they say no.
It is very important that you ask a parent, guardian, or chaperone for permission to take a minor’s photo and let them know where the photo will be located. If they say no, please respect their wishes. Again, don't be offended if they say no.
Cosplay (costume and play) is the act of dressing up as a character from comics, anime, videogames, manga, movies, TV, or books. There is a remarkable amount of passion and attention to detail that is involved in the creation of a piece as well as dressing-up and displaying it.
No. Really, you do not have to get dressed up to attend Comic Con Portugal. But if you would like to, it would make us really happy. While it is highly encouraged, keep in mind that there are some restrictions apply:
1. Footwear is required;
2. Costumes that are deemed to be indecently revealing ("no costume is not a costume" principle), as well as costumes or props that are deemed to be offensive or otherwise unacceptable by Comic Con Portugal standards are prohibited. An attendee who is wearing a costume or carrying a prop that does not meet these requirements may be asked to change into either street clothes or another costume.
3. All large props or any props resembling weapons (including guns, swords, spears, whips, bows, etc.) must pass through weapons check and be verified and peacebonded by the Comic Con Portugal Weapons Master to ensure they are safe.
Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the convention without refund. Please refer to our Weapons Policy for more detail.
Cosplay has a vital role in almost every pop culture events, bringing to reality characters, settings and situations from movies, comics, television, video games and more. It is a kind of art that extends long in the history and cultures around the world and still continues to surprise with new ideas, new technologies and new designs.
In order to put into practice this fun folk art, Comic Con Portugal will present the contest "Cosplay Heroes", where you can watch and participate in the various characterizations made by many fans as recreations of movies, television, comics, anime , video games, and other original creations that have advantage of the imagination of the participants.
Illegal substances are not allowed as well as fire or any act or object that may endanger the lives of those present at the event. All cosplayers will be examined in full by the STAFF in order to verify that they meet the parameters of the event and meet the imposed safety rules. You may not carry sharp weapons without the permission of the STAFF, nor shoot object to the public.
Comic Con Portugal is the biggest Pop Culture show in Portugal, an event that always attracts thousands of participants. It lodges a wide range of themes, such as Comics, Movies, Series, Literature, Video Games, Cosplay, Anime and Manga.
Inside, visitors can expect several spaces from the different areas and attend panels with guest artists from Movies, Series, Videogames and Comics.
Visitors can also participate in Videogames and Cosplay tournaments, as well as in drawing workshops. Furthermore, participants can attend the premiere of new movies and TV Shows.
In another spaces, there will be several exhibitors, with merchandising, toys and collectives. There will also be an area dedicated to the children.
Comic Con Portugal will happen on the 8, 9, 10 and 11th December 2016.
EXPONOR, Matosinhos, in Oporto.
Everyone! Anyone who enjoys or is curious about Cinema, TV Shows, Gaming, Comics, Literature, Anime, Manga and Cosplay.
Comic Con Portugal has developed partnerships with several hotel business entities in order to provide discounts to their visitors.
Upon reservation, guests must mention the event Comic Con Portugal.
Therefore, we recommend the following options: